Tuesday, March 8, 2011

They Sing Sometimes

It's been a long weekend, and I've been pretty rural so it's been challenging to hook up to the web and journal. But nonetheless, I have an exciting, if strange, revelation to share. It's wild, but some of these groups have songs they sing together. Sometimes informally like a jam, and sometimes they seem more collected - more polished. It's amazing how it seems to bring them together. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, what with the way rock stars create these virtually singular realities in a concert. Regardless, it seems to make them reach beyond smaller differences, and to find common ground toward larger aims. Neat shit. I arrived in Odessa, Texas this afternoon. I have a good feeling about this place. We're meeting in someone's laundry room... of all places. But they say it's a big one. Nowhere but Texas, right? I pulled up at the motel a few minute ago, and I'm on my way out to enjoy the pool! Score one for Odessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment