Friday, March 11, 2011

Still Driving

I was scheduled to stop in Taos, New Mexico today, but I just can't seem to get off the road. I can't take having to stare at those faces. Not today. I think the driving will do me good. I'll pass through the San Juan National Forrest, and then tomorrow I'll stop in Montrose, Colorado. I hope things will be better. I tell myself it's just seasonal affective disorder. It probably is. I heard they covered it in the newspaper up in Montana today. It could become an issue if too many people find out, but I heard it was tucked away in a column on page three. Nobody reads a column on page three, so we should be okay. Kind of amazing when you think about it. Something that can be right in front of your nose, right in front of everybody's nose, but not loud enough against all the noise to catch a single person's attention. Sometimes the best hiding place is in broad daylight. Every stretch of highway is starting to look exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment