Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rawhide Coffee!

I'm home in Cody, Wyoming for a night before heading off into Montana. Enjoyed Colorado, but honestly, glad to have moved on. That state is a bit intense, even for me. It feels wonderful enjoying a fresh latte at Rawhide Coffee. If you've never been it's an absolute must. It's over on Sheridan Ave, and boy do they love their moose heads. As nice as it is to be home for a visit, it doesn't feel like home anymore. It hasn't for a while. It's almost like it betrayed me. If a place can do that. I don't know that I've ever entirely trusted a person, but I almost unknowingly invested a blind trust in Cody, and it turned its back on me. I don't know where I'll go. I suppose I'll figure that out once I'm off the road. For now, it's just a stop. Another leg of the journey that just so happened to have the best damn coffee joint I ever dreamed of. As the road trip nears a conclusion I can't help but imagine what tomorrow might be like, and the next day. It's inspiring and horrifying in alternating visions - the idea of walking into the unknown. Yeah, each stop is new, but so long as I'm on this journey, it seems okay. Maybe I'll just stay on the road. If you never stop, you never have to wonder what's next. Just keep trucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment